Major Problems In Jordanian Maps (Amman - Jordan)

Bewinxed

Aug 17, 2012, 8:58:47 AM8/17/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, I need some help and preferably from someone at Mapmaker's team to help me with this issue because it's getting really annoying and it's making my mapping efforts much much slower.

I've been fixing districts/localities info in Jordan since quite sometime now and i've had really good results with it, The problem is that ALL of the roads that have there have incorrect address now, (The districts were a mess, and even the state polygons, Which, After being fixed, Was a major difference in shape and distance, Many districts were offset by a large distance in relation to their correct location, i've fixed that now but still...)

Now every road that was inside the wrong polygon's old area is still connected by the address attribute to that location (which is now much further away) and many roads still have "city" or "district" address attributes for cities and districts that were either deleted or change, but they still has the old name.

Now the major problem is because of that, Whenever i try to move or fix an intersection for a road that has that problem (which are like 90% of the roads i try to fix) it refuses to fix that issue stating that "incorrect address, please verify "district/county" and submit again" and the thing is that i CANNOT change those in the address panels because they're all greyed out, I've found a workaround which is editing all the roads that connect to that intersection and fixing their address attributes and then editing the intersection, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Now what do i want : Is there anyone at the mapmaker team who could just run something that could pass on all the roads/locations there and just populate their address attributes in accordance with the marker's location? at least fixing the districts?

Also : Almost all of the intersections i run into are offset incorrectly by the SAME amount, so i have to go through each intersection and move it the same way (which is like 10 meters southwest, All of them) can you fix that? and where should i direct this and have it fixed in a reasonable amount of time, I'm one of really few mappers here in jordan and these kind of technical issues are really frustrating. thanks for your time!

Abhishek

Aug 24, 2012, 7:09:47 AM8/24/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Omar,

Got your point. I have notified the team, about the issue with the the address fields, and will share an update, once we make some progress on this one.
Could you share a link to the area where you see the data offset? Also, you can report this on the Issue Tracker as a misalignment issue.

Abhishek

Bewinxed

Aug 24, 2012, 7:26:50 AM8/24/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much, Well the problem is the whole city is misaligned, I don't think it's logical for me to edit each intersection one by one no?

Here's an example : http://goo.gl/TwZbH see how all the roads are offset by the same amount?

I've created an issue for it in the issue tracker under misalignment, here it is http://code.google.com/p/google-mapmaker/issues/detail?id=3082

Thanks for your input, i hope that soon we'll get this problem done and maybe get jordan onto live publishing :D