How do I show that a business is open 24 hours a day?

mrosen

Aug 5, 2011, 9:57:14 AM8/5/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I want to show that a place is open 24 hours but I'm not sure what to select.

Thanks.

John

Aug 8, 2011, 6:48:03 AM8/8/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I typically do something like Sun-Sat 12:00a-11:59p.  Not perfect, I know, but Google has to find a better way to show hours info.

Serge

Aug 8, 2011, 7:09:37 AM8/8/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, until now no possibility to indicate  "open 24 hours". I think the best way at the moment - to leave the Working hours field empty, and  fill "open 24 hours" in the Description field.
Message has been deleted

John

Aug 8, 2011, 9:52:46 AM8/8/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Careful, Dan - that'll mark it open only two days a week, but I do like the sticky idea, and the 24-hour checkbox!  Another sticky situation is any business that stays open through midnight.  Maybe we could have some kind of calendar dialog box, or something.  Hours should be broken into blocks that don't necessarily terminate at midnight.

Mxx

Aug 8, 2011, 8:20:13 PM8/8/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
What's wrong with just writing in "open 24 hours"?
GMM's hours field is a text box as opposed to GM's editing where it is actual drop-down selections.
Message has been deleted

Willy Hrachovina

Aug 8, 2011, 8:51:20 PM8/8/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I think that since GM's hours field is set with drop downs, typing "Open 24 hours" or something like that may cause some issues with Google Maps, and may even end up creating more corruption in the system. Until the people at Google comment, I think we should avoid using "Open 24 hours" in the hours field for that reason.

Saikrishna Arcot

Aug 8, 2011, 8:52:10 PM8/8/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
It will either not be accepted by the system or the hours will not be correctly converted for use on the Google Places page for the business.

(My guesses)
Message has been deleted

Chaitanya Sri

Aug 9, 2011, 3:42:53 AM8/9/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

@ John, Dan -  You are right. Thanks for helping out mrosen.
@ mrosen -  One can add the details you asked using the field, "Working Hours". You can specify the number of hours the business is open specifying the timings too.
For example, To specify 24 Hours for a day, use commas (e. g. Mon-Fri 12.00am-11.59pm, Sat-Sun 12.00am-11.59pm).

Hope this helps :-)

Thanks,
Chaitanya