Re: Wrong Phone number on Google Search

Message has been deleted

Khurram khan

Dec 30, 2011, 8:06:54 PM12/30/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

My listing have been hijacked, It shows my address and my reviews but different phone numbers. I have edited my listing and send the email to google "Report a problem" but still it shows wrong number.

ma3...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2012, 5:27:26 PM3/26/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
 I have a phone number that is listed on google as the number of another company. I am getting calls all during the evening for a company called "Sips n Strokes"  When a person googles this website https://www.sipsnstrokes.com/locations.aspx  then clicks on Alabama for the location of the Highway 280 location it shows the number to my car dealership.

Is there anyone that can get this changed?

Thanks, Larry Morris

On Friday, December 16, 2011 10:54:02 AM UTC-6, Pradeep Vyas wrote:
Hey All,

I have a problem with a wrong number when searching for a friends buisness.  It is linked to a cell phone number that is not the stores number.  I have looked through their acount and couldn't find it defined anywhere.  I have sent it out for review but it hasn't been changed.  I was wondering how this could be changed and where this number is coming from.  Any help would be helpful!

Pradeep

ma3...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2012, 5:29:05 PM3/26/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
OK Sorry but someone has already changed it on the national site -- THANKS TO WHO EVER IT WAS

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 16, 2011, 11:54:02 AM12/16/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 16, 2011, 11:58:07 AM12/16/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
To Clarify I have already looked at the account and couldn't find the number specified anywhere.

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 16, 2011, 12:22:33 PM12/16/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Please let me know where I can send the account information and help with the fix.

karlcr9911

Dec 16, 2011, 12:22:41 PM12/16/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide a link to this location in Google Map Maker so we can look and see when it got changed and by whom?

Thank you!

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 16, 2011, 12:25:04 PM12/16/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
http://maps.google.ca/maps?ix=icb&q=golden+acres++centre&safe=images&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

The mobile number is the wrong number.

Any help would be helpful.  Also how we can prevent this from showing up again.  It keeps on reappearing.

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 16, 2011, 1:17:54 PM12/16/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Any help would be great.

Sadi

Dec 17, 2011, 8:33:23 AM12/17/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pradeep,

If you can't provide link, please write down the name of the listing with category, correct and wrong phone number, complete address, also website link if any. We can track that link down to help you. Thanks.

Waiting for your reply:)

Joy Hawkins

Dec 17, 2011, 2:02:41 PM12/17/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 20, 2011, 11:10:14 AM12/20/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Again thank you for taking this on and helping my two friends expedite this change and review.  I have CC’ed the two owners of Golden Acre Centre as requested.

Attached are two screen shots that show the initial search and also the map search results for “Golden Acre Calgary”.  Problem areas are outlines in red.

You will notice that there is a mobile number set as “(403) 554-1311 (Mobile)” (highlighted in red).  This is a wrong number that needs to be deleted from the web or any searches for Golden Acre.  On a side note I have taken a look through the account and couldn’t find that defined anywhere, which is why I am reaching out to you for help.

Changes:

 OLD that needs to be deleted: 403-554-1311

 New that can overwrite and replace old number: 403-274-4286

Please let me know if you need any more information that would help this change go through.  Again thanks for your time with this change.

Maps - Search = Golden Acres Centre.JPG
main page - Search = Golden Acres Calgary.JPG

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 20, 2011, 11:12:14 AM12/20/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
http://www.goldenacre.ca/  is the URL and the correct number should be  403-274-4286   not the 554 number.

Any help would be really really helpful.

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 20, 2011, 11:37:39 AM12/20/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 20, 2011, 11:44:07 AM12/20/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Blissfulight,

I have also used your link to try and change it but nothing.

Srini vas

Dec 20, 2011, 12:48:52 PM12/20/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, The phone number change has been done for about 10 times through Google Places(I guess so) and the listing is in pending, Mapmaker link, http://goo.gl/x55T2 . All you have to do is post your review request in Review edits Request forum mentioning the area(Country and State) in the subject line.

P.S If you make any edit in Google place page, please make sure to check the check box below stating "Send email when this edit is reviewed or if more information is needed." before clicking Submit. So any query regarding the change and information about published changes will be notified through email.

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 20, 2011, 8:54:20 PM12/20/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thank,

Is this something that I have to approve or do I have to wait for google to change this?  I have made my request through review edit request forum as well

Srini vas

Dec 20, 2011, 9:56:34 PM12/20/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, you should post the link to the Mapmaker feature and not post the same post in review edit request forum. Anyway, I just added the link to the edit in that thread. Yes you have to wait for Google Reviewer or RERs in your location to publish your edit. Mostly mappers review edits made through a profile and Google place changes are taken care by Bots. In future please associate your profile to any edits made through place page by following the steps above. Hope your edit soon get reviewed.

With regards
Srinivas

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 21, 2011, 10:30:57 AM12/21/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Is there anything else I can do to get this change through?

Also I was wondering where google was getting this wrong number?  A change was made 5 days ago to correct the number and then it was changed back to the old and wrong number?  Is there any reason why this happened?  Where is Google getting that number?  I am just worried that the number will be reverted back to the wrong number again?

Please advise.

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 21, 2011, 3:33:28 PM12/21/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Please Advise.  I don't want the wrong number to show up again and want to know where it is coming from.

Saikrishna Arcot

Dec 21, 2011, 10:49:12 PM12/21/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Some of the edits may have been done by Google Bots. It may have picked up the phone number by data error or some other reason. Until Google shuts down the bots, the only thing we can do is watch, rate incorrect edits as "Should be Denied", and correct the feature.

Pradeep Vyas

Dec 22, 2011, 10:28:51 AM12/22/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry a couple more questions.  Is there anything I can do to speed up the process of getting this change made as well as how do I avoid this in the future?

Craig Hartel

Dec 22, 2011, 10:36:55 AM12/22/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
The best way to get things done fast is to supply accurate and complete information. Ensure your edits are classified correctly, and submit the review requests in the Review Edits Requests forum. The subject line in that forum should include country, state/province/territory and maybe even a city name if relevant so that your local RERs can easily scan the forum posts and pick up edits quickly.

In addition, you can go through your own local area of expertise, looking for new features that require reviews. Go ahead and do those reviews for the edits you are comfortable working on, and submit them. The more quality edits you do, the faster your own changes move up the queue to be reviewed.

After that, it's just a matter of waiting patiently. If things seem to be taking an unreasonable amount of time, like weeks or months, then for sure come back to the forums to ask for help. There really is no way to know exactly how fast your edits will be replicated over to Google Maps.

Hope that helps.
C.