displaced matras and half letters in hindi

Shilpa Bajpai

Oct 11, 2012, 1:46:13 PM10/11/12
to google-india-labs
The problem by swati is very common. The same file when opened in another computer gives different results. Same text used in notepad and word give different rests.

Notepad file when converted into subtitle file give different results.

Same subtitle file used in different systems give different results.

Can anyone tell the solution. Or if it's some sort of bug in the software or some Particular requirement of computer system can it be specified clearly.

With best regards
Shilpa

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

आलोक कुमार

Oct 12, 2012, 5:57:36 AM10/12/12
to google-i...@googlegroups.com
Can you post screenshots of the results you get?

2012/10/11 Shilpa Bajpai <shilpa...@gmail.com>:
> --

Can't see Hindi? http://devanaagarii.net

Manu

Oct 12, 2012, 6:54:42 AM10/12/12
to google-i...@googlegroups.com

It's due to different operating systems.  I experienced this on Ubuntu and Win7

swati jain

Oct 12, 2012, 1:44:32 PM10/12/12
to google-i...@googlegroups.com
I'm attaching a pdf file for reference. It a pdf print of an AUTOCAD screen.
test.pdf

swati jain

Oct 12, 2012, 1:50:47 PM10/12/12
to google-i...@googlegroups.com

I have Windows vista on my system.
Attaching a screenshot of AUTOCAD screen which appears alright.
But when the print the same thing, results are different. PDF enclosed
actual print -NOT OK.pdf
screen view_OK.JPG

Suddhasheel Ghosh

Oct 12, 2012, 10:46:12 PM10/12/12
to google-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Swati,

Maybe you would like to check this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191191

It therefore appears a problem with M$!

Regards

Suddhasheel

2012/10/12 swati jain <zen....@gmail.com>

--
শুদ্ধশীল বাসবী ঘোষ,
অনুসন্ধানকর্তা, ভূ সূচনা প্রভাগ, জানপদ অভিযান্ত্রিকি বিভাগ,

Suddhasheel Basabi GHOSH
Researcher, Geoinformatics Division, Department of Civil Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur, India 208016