User ID lookup

Gravis

Oct 6, 2009, 9:30:38 PM10/6/09
to Google Data Protocol
I'm making a client/server app and on the client side I'm using the
ClientLogin for authentication. I take the token and send it to the
server. The reason for this is so that my server app never has access
to the password for reasons of security.

My problem is that I need to get some unique static information about
the user using the token but I cant seem to find any APIs that will
have this capability. The best case scenario would be to obtain an ID
that is unique to the account and never changes regardless of what
they change in their account.

Any suggestions about what API to use?