CAPTCHA Inconsistencies

dillan

Aug 12, 2009, 4:45:30 PM8/12/09
to Google Data Protocol
After implementing a CAPTCHA in a client application(using the
Objective-C Client Library r.308), I've noticed what look like some
inconsistencies in receiving the CaptchaRequired error. In earlier
testing I would receive approximately 10 BadAuthentication errors
before I would finally get the CaptchaRequired error. Now in my
testing I have noticed it takes many more BadAuthentication errors
before I finally get the CaptchaRequired error. I've even had tests
where I get 200+ BadAuthentication errors without ever getting the
CaptchaRequired error I'm expecting.

When I switch over to my web browser to login to google services
(gmail/docs/groups etc.) I am prompted to then solve the captcha to
access the account.

Are there any thoughts on what could be the potential cause of this
behavior?