contact api update name not working, no error code

50 views
Skip to first unread message

rel...@gmail.com

unread,
Oct 7, 2009, 11:11:26 AM10/7/09
to Google Data Protocol
<atom:entry xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<edited xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2007/app">2009-10-06T21:20:20.533Z</
edited>
<email xmlns="http://schemas.google.com/g/2005" rel="http://
schemas.google.com/g/2005#home" address="em...@example.com"
primary="true"/>
<groupMembershipInfo xmlns="http://schemas.google.com/contact/2008"
deleted="false" href="http://www.google.com/m8/feeds/groups/BLAH
%40EXAMPLE.COM/base/6"/>
<atom:category term="http://schemas.google.com/contact/2008#contact"
scheme="http://schemas.google.com/g/2005#kind"/>
<atom:id>http://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/BLAH%40EXAMPLE.COM/
base/6131e0e0fc04684</atom:id>
<atom:link href="http://www.google.com/m8/feeds/photos/media/BLAH
%40EXAMPLE.COM/6131e0e0fc04684" rel="http://schemas.google.com/
contacts/2008/rel#photo" type="image/*"/>
<atom:link href="http://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/BLAH
%40EXAMPLE.COM/full/6131e0e0fc04684" rel="self" type="application/atom
+xml"/>
<atom:link href="http://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/BLAH
%40EXAMPLE.COM/full/6131e0e0fc04684" rel="edit" type="application/atom
+xml"/>
<atom:title type="text"/>
<atom:updated>2009-10-06T21:20:20.533Z</atom:updated>
<atom:name xmlns="http://schemas.google.com/g/2005">
<atom:fullName>New Name</atom:fullName>
<atom:givenName>New</atom:givenName>
<atom:familyName>Name</atom:familyName>
</atom:name>
</atom:entry>



for some reason the name is not being updated, even though i'm not
receiving an error code or anything
originally i just had <atom:fullName>, then i added <atom:givenName>
and <atom:familyName> just to see if that would help, but still no
deal,
finally i added xmlns="http://schemas.google.com/g/2005", but still no
help
what is wrong with my update, keep in mind there is no error code, it
just doesn't update after i check the result

Jim
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages