Cyclic references

Andrew Thomason

Aug 8, 2019, 5:34:12 AM8/8/19
to google-guice
We are in the process of upgrading to Guice 4.2.2 from 4.1.0 and found that a cyclic reference that was previously handled now throws a provisioning exception. While we have various options to address this we are struggling to figure out if we have an issue anywhere else in our code base (which is quite large and makes heavy use of Guice).

So first question is does anyone know what might have changed that would at least help us look for certain patterns in our code? Secondly, is anyone aware of a static analysis approach to detecting circular references?

Thanks.