Using Guice With Jboss Wildfly

Patrick Buchheit

Oct 27, 2020, 1:41:44 PM10/27/20
to google-guice
I'm in the process of modernizing one of our legacy applications. As part of the process, we are migrating from Jboss AS 6 to Wlldfly. Things were going well until I tried to do a maven build. It turns out wildfly has a list of maven dependencies that it 'blacklists' via maven-enforcer and one of those prohibited dependencies is Guice.

We use Guice extensively across multiple projects, so simply replacing it is going to be a huge task. I'm sure I could simply override the maven enforcer settings to allow guice, but I have no idea WHY it was blacklisted and there doesn't seem to be any documentation.

Has anyone here successfully used guice with a modern (wildfly 8+) jboss application server? If so, what steps did you have to take to get it to play nice and not conflict with the native DI implementations from jboss?

Bob Lee

Oct 27, 2020, 1:53:05 PM10/27/20
to google...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps a better question for the JBoss folks. Maybe it conflicts with their CDI impl or something.

Bob

Patrick Buchheit

Oct 27, 2020, 2:03:25 PM10/27/20
to google-guice
I already tried looking for answers from the Jboss side with no success. The Jboss community forums are read-only now and stackoverflow has yet to produce any useful responses. I'm hoping someone here can at least point me in the right direction.

Bob Lee

Oct 27, 2020, 2:14:20 PM10/27/20
to google...@googlegroups.com
Does your app need JBoss? I personally prefer Jetty

Patrick Buchheit

Oct 27, 2020, 2:23:15 PM10/27/20
to google-guice
Unfortunately it does. Switching over to another application server at this point would involve even more work than replacing Guice.

Boris Unckel

Jan 14, 2021, 2:02:41 PM1/14/21
to google-guice
Could you please explain how you integrate server and app pom.xml? I suggest to use a BOM:
Older releases including classic JavaEE7 are available also. You can add you app's dependencies as you like.