Missing type parameter with proguard

zhiying hu

Jul 9, 2019, 8:37:53 PM7/9/19
to google-gson
I'm using gson with proguard in android application. i receive many crash in firebase:
Fatal Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException
Missing type parameter.
com
.google.gson.reflect.TypeToken.getSuperclassTypeParameter (TypeToken.java:84)
com
.google.gson.reflect.TypeToken. (TypeToken.java:62)

The crash only happened on android 4.x.  i tried to config proguard like document. but it didn't work. I found a solution from the forum.
but i don't want to add "-dontobfuscate -dontoptimize" config. Any ideas please? And why the problem only occur on android 4.x?