basic JSON pull from bitcoin link

Derek Hill

Jan 19, 2018, 10:55:57 PM1/19/18
to google-gson
Trying to parse JSON data from this link https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/bitcoin/?convert=CAD

I have tried several different ways but can never get anything to work as there is compiling errors.

I am frustrated that something that would normally be simple cant seem to function right.

I have tried several ways and no success.

All i want is to retrieve the canadian price.

"price_cad": "14187.6214876",

This is all i want.

Can someone help me out here? I have given up on stackoverflow as their solutions are never working, outdated or just simply errors in compiling left right and center. and yes i was looking up on GSON guides.

Steve Gazzo

Jul 20, 2018, 1:20:43 PM7/20/18
to google-gson
Posting your code would help, but looking at the raw data from that endpoint I'd caution you that JSON objects are enclosed in {}, and this is enclosed in [], indicating an array of JSON objects of length 1 in this case, rather than a single object.

Data is attached for easy reference

[
    {
        "id": "bitcoin",