Are there build instructions for GSON?

Monroe Walker

Dec 1, 2020, 3:32:42 PM12/1/20
to google-gson
I'm trying to test a solution to https://github.com/google/gson/issues/1829, but I'm not sure how to build the project locally. I set the project to use JDK 1.9 in Intellij. Trying to use `mvn install` from Intellij I get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile (default-compile) on project gson: Fatal error compiling: invalid flag: --release -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Trying from the terminal with `mvn install` I get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile (default-compile) on project gson: Fatal error compiling: invalid flag: --module-path -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <args> -rf :gson