glog windows log when not needed

Yannick Kohn

Jan 26, 2016, 4:15:03 AM1/26/16
to google-glog
Hi,

We use Google-glog in our windows application. I do something like this at startup in the main.cpp

    google::InitGoogleLogging(argv[0]);
    QString logfold=LOG_FOLDER+"/mylog.log";
    google::SetLogDestination(loglevel,logfold.toLatin1().constData());

I was supposing that glog was writting only to the file when it reach the loglevel, but instead it seems that I have a file using only loglevel in my logdestination but I have always a log with all level that is created in the folder
c:\Users\username\appData\Local\Temp . I suppose that it slowdown my application logging all uneeded level most of time and we have a lot of very big files in this folder .

Is it a bug or do I misunderstand the use of glog ?

Best regards