performance is better when minloglevel =0

Bin Zhu

Oct 26, 2015, 11:56:32 PM10/26/15
to google-glog
I'm doing performance testing for my project which is uing glog. I found a strange thing that when I set the minloglevel to "0", the performance was better than minloglevel is "1" or "2".
For most logging tools, the performance should be worse when setting minloglevel to info level since it will print more logs in the log file. But it's not the same with glog from my testing.
Besides the minloglevel setting, there is no other differences in these 2 scenarios in my testing.
I don't understand the reason. Does glog has any optimization when minloglevle is 0 ?
Thanks for any clue.

-Bin