Issue 228 in google-glog: -fPIC issue

codesite...@google.com

Jan 15, 2015, 12:20:20 AM1/15/15
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 228 by maheshba...@gmail.com: -fPIC issue
https://code.google.com/p/google-glog/issues/detail?id=228

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. I am trying to install glog-0.3.3
2. I run configure and then make
3.

The installation should complete successfully.
However, I get the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libgflags.a(gflags.cc.o): relocation
R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libgflags.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libglog.la] Error 1

product version: glog-0.3.3
operating system: Linux cuda 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux

I tried putting -fPIC at various locations in the make file. Attached is
the Makefile for the same. But I still get the error. please help.

Attachments:
Makefile 80.6 KB

issue notifications to this address.