Gin import to GitHub

Grzegorz Nowak

Mar 15, 2018, 8:08:09 AM3/15/18
to google-gin
Hi

I took some time and refreshed Gin project at GitHub: google-gin

 I used google-code-export/google-gin as a base and did following things:
 - restructured to follow maven SDL
 - removed lib directory with jars and added proper dependencies (also for sources)
 - removed javadoc from master and published a fresh copy using GitHub Pages
 - upgraded to Java 8, Guice 4.2
 - fixed issues with GWT 2.8.2 (library is still built with GWT 2.7.0 due to issues with tests but samples are already built with 2.8.2)
 - configured Travis build (compile, unit tests, integration tests)
 - generated maven site and published it on gh-pages
 - refreshed both sample projects to use Thomas Broyer's GWT plugin and using them as tests during build, they are also published on gh-pages
 - installed mvn wrapper
 - fixed wiki pages and published on GitHub Wiki

Currently I don't have access to any Gin based projects so if any of you have, enjoy.

Regards
Greg

David Nouls

Mar 15, 2018, 8:29:14 AM3/15/18
to google-gin
Nice work. What maven dependencies do I need to add to my project for this ? I can test this on my current project that is still using GIN. I had to fall back to guice 3.0 to make it work with gin.

Grzegorz Nowak

Mar 16, 2018, 5:48:39 AM3/16/18
to google-gin
I didn't publish any snapshots or releases yet so you will have to build it locally (should be quick and easy with maven wrapper) - version = 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT.

I think that the main problem with Guice 4.x was related to it's dependencies. Old Gin was built with Ant build.xml which had manual dependency management. After moving to maven both Guice and GWT upgrade went smooth at least for sample Gin projects.

When it comes to releasing I will have to talk with somebody responsible for previous releases (or release under different groupId).

David

Mar 16, 2018, 7:05:00 AM3/16/18
to googl...@googlegroups.com
I can't test this if there is no release pushed to maven. I don't have github access at work.

Grzegorz Nowak

Mar 19, 2018, 10:43:33 AM3/19/18
to google-gin
I deployed a snapshot (with javadoc and sources) to https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/

GroupId changed so the coordinates are as follows: io.github.gwtplus.gin:gin:2.1.3-SNAPSHOT

You can also use this url https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/ instead as a mvn repo location (both public releases and snapshots land there)

Stefano Ciccarelli

Mar 27, 2018, 2:45:53 PM3/27/18
to google-gin
We have upgraded GIN and Guice to 4.2.0. The first tests are positive.

Great job!

David Nouls

Mar 30, 2018, 9:43:19 AM3/30/18
to google-gin
I checked with our internal project and it worked flawlessly. I finally managed to move to Guice 4.2.

Great work!

Kind regards,
David Nouls
Nouls Consulting BVBA