Is development still going on ?

David Nouls

Jan 30, 2015, 3:37:12 AM1/30/15
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just wondering if development is still considering reported bugs ?

I reported a bug on injection and inheritance where there is a big annoying deviation from what guice does... but it stays in "New".

David

Goktug Gokdogan

Jan 30, 2015, 1:52:45 PM1/30/15
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David.
Gin is mostly developed and maintained by volunteers so nobody is actively working on fixing issues like this.
That means you probably need to send a patch to get it fixed.
The problem in this case seems simple to fix. You can see in the following method that that the methods from super-types are added last:

Changing to add super methods first should probably fix the problem and hopefully won't break anybody.

Good luck!

Peter Schmitt

Jan 30, 2015, 1:56:16 PM1/30/15
to Gin
Yeah, I'm probably the main maintainer for this project by now and I haven't worked on any web code for quite a few years now which makes it hard to keep the connection to Gin. That said I'll do my best to look over patches for bug fixes like this and add them to the code base.

Peter

David Nouls

Jan 31, 2015, 3:10:22 AM1/31/15
to googl...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a patch,

but what you propose does not solve it. Methods are collected in a TreeSet detecting overrides. The end result will invoke methods in an alfabetical order.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "google-gin" group.

Thomas Broyer

Feb 3, 2015, 5:42:16 AM2/3/15
to googl...@googlegroups.com

Apparently, there might also be some changes inside Google that haven't been sync'd to the outer world: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/wi9lDZXwsoY/JRhOVIsQntcJ