Google Friends Newsletter - December 2010

Google Friends Newsletter

Dec 24, 2010, 12:15:23 AM12/24/10
to Google Friends
Greetings to our Google Friends. We hope you enjoy this month’s update
on our products and services.

------------
POWER TIP

Google Maps 5.0 for Android

With Google Maps for mobile 5.0 you can explore maps in 3D—tilt,
rotate and try “compass mode” to see new perspectives that can help
you navigate around. Maps are now more reliable when you’re offline,
and we’ve added offline rerouting in Google Maps Navigation (beta). To
get the latest version, search for “Google Maps” in Android Market and
update. Note that not all new features will be available for all
phones. Read our blog post for more information.
http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2010/12/next-generation-of-mobile-maps.html

------------
NEW PRODUCTS & UPDATES

Google eBooks

In the Google eBookstore, you can now find more than 3 million ebook
titles including hundreds of thousands of ebooks for sale in many
categories, from popular bestsellers to your favorite classics. Since
your Google eBooks are stored in the cloud, you can access your
personal library anywhere you go and pick up where you left off using
just about any device you choose to read with. Google eBooks is
available in the U.S. and is compatible with Android (2.1 or later),
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (iOS 3.0 or later), the web and many
supported eReaders.
http://books.google.com/ebooks

Nexus S and Gingerbread

The Nexus S is the new Android phone from Google that runs the latest
version of the Android platform, Gingerbread (Android 2.3). Nexus S
provides unlocked, unfiltered access to the best Google mobile
services and the latest Android releases and updates. Gingerbread
includes popular Android features like multi-tasking and Wi-Fi
hotspot, plus new features like a refreshed user interface, an
improved keyboard and near field communication (NFC) support. Nexus S
can be purchased either with or without a T-Mobile service plan online
and in-store from all Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores in the U.S.
http://www.google.com/nexus

Zeitgeist 2010

We’ve gathered the most popular and fastest rising search queries from
the year in the 2010 Google Zeitgeist, so you can relive the joys,
sorrows and big moments through searches from around the world. The
2010 Zeitgeist features interactive HTML5 data visualizations for the
top queries and events from around the world, so it’s easy for you to
interact with, explore and obsess over search data. Zeitgeist data is
available for 56 countries.
http://www.google.com/zeitgeist2010

Chrome Web Store

The Chrome Web Store is an online marketplace where you can discover
thousands of apps, extensions and themes for Google Chrome. Once
you’re in the store, you can search or browse through different
categories. Every item in the store has its own page, where you can
read and contribute reviews and ratings. If you use multiple
computers, synchronize your apps, extensions and theme across all your
computers with browser sync.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore

MISCELLANY

It’s now easier to find and get updates from Google through whatever
channel you like best, whether it’s a blog, Twitter account, Facebook
page or YouTube video. We’ve updated our blog and Twitter directories,
and added new directories for Google’s official Facebook pages and
YouTube channels. You can filter by category, language or region so
you can easily find exactly what you’re looking for. Find all these
directories in the U.S. Press Center.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/press