Google Friends Newsletter - June 2010

Google Friends Newsletter

Jun 30, 2010, 12:53:39 PM6/30/10
to Google Friends
Greetings to our Google Friends. We hope you enjoy this month’s update
on our products and services.

------------
POWER TIP

Edit your videos on YouTube

YouTube’s new online video editor makes it easy and convenient to edit
your videos. You can easily trim them, combine two or more together
and add soundtracks—all in the cloud. The video editor is available in
YouTube’s TestTube (a lab for experimental products).
http://www.youtube.com/testtube

------------
NEW PRODUCTS & UPDATES

Google Voice now available in the U.S.

A little over a year ago, we introduced Google Voice as an invitation-
only service. Now anyone in the U.S. can sign up to get one number to
ring all their phones, voicemail that works like email, free calls and
texting within the U.S. and Canada, and more.
http://google.com/voice

World Cup features

We’ve developed tools to help World Cup fans around the world get in
the spirit and follow their teams. Find scores and upcoming matches
directly in search results, support your team with iGoogle and Chrome
themes, find places to watch matches on Google Maps, see the stadiums
in Google Maps Street View and in 3D in Google Earth, and more.
http://www.google.com/worldcup

Add a photo to your Google homepage

Now you can add a favorite image to the background of your Google
homepage. Just choose a photo from your computer, your own Picasa Web
Album or our public gallery, which includes a selection of beautiful
photos.
http://www.google.com/addphoto

Celebrating video art with YouTube Play

We’re collaborating with the Guggenheim Museum to celebrate phenomenal
videomakers around the world. Through YouTube Play: A Biennial of
Creative Video, we want to discover the most creative video in the
world and showcase exceptional talent working in the ever-expanding
realm of digital media. The deadline to submit your work is July 31,
2010.
http://www.youtube.com/play

-------------
MISCELLANY

Our new web indexing system, Caffeine, makes it easier for you to find
more content from all over the world much faster—as soon after it’s
published as possible. Caffeine is the largest collection of web
content we’ve offered, and results for web searches are 50 percent
fresher than our previous index. Instead of refreshing one or two
layers of the index at a time (some at a faster rate than others),
Caffeine analyzes the web in small portions and then continuously
updates the global index. As new pages and information are found,
they’re added to the index more quickly. This means that the content
you find on Google is more international, and fresher, than ever
before. Better yet, this new system sets us up to make more
improvements down the line that will keep making Google search faster
and more comprehensive.
http://bit.ly/b0MELw