Google Friend Connect will be shut down :(

Pisith

Nov 23, 2011, 8:20:00 AM11/23/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
Google Friend Connect—Friend Connect allows webmasters to add social features to their sites by embedding a few snippets of code. We're retiring the service for all non-Blogger sites on March 1, 2012. We encourage affected sites to create a Google+ pageand place a Google+ badge on their site so they can bring their community of followers to Google+ and use new features like Circles and Hangouts to keep in touch.

Hmm.... Do you think Google will have "G+ Connect", "G+ Comment",...? (similar to Facebook Connect, Comment plugins)

Ben Woods

Nov 23, 2011, 5:25:44 PM11/23/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com

Obviously.

Thomas Tenkely

Dec 13, 2011, 11:26:00 AM12/13/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
I hope so. I really liked the start of social interaction GFC afforded on sites, and a social commenting system from Google is a must. I would also be interested to know what will happen to the 'followers' sites have acquired. Will they be given an option to add a site's Google+ page to their circles?

Ben Woods

Dec 13, 2011, 11:59:26 AM12/13/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com

Way to fall months behind... Go search Google for Google+ badges.

On Dec 13, 2011 8:26 AM, "Thomas Tenkely" <ten...@gmail.com> wrote:
I hope so. I really liked the start of social interaction GFC afforded on sites, and a social commenting system from Google is a must. I would also be interested to know what will happen to the 'followers' sites have acquired. Will they be given an option to add a site's Google+ page to their circles?

Thomas Tenkely

Mar 1, 2012, 7:13:26 PM3/1/12
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
Not what I'm asking for (already had a badge, and as a result two separate sets of followers), but thanks.