Newbie to Google Friends Connect - Disappeared

enqu...@destinationart.net

Jun 9, 2011, 9:46:41 PM6/9/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my name is Elaine and yesterday I installed google friend to my wordpress.org blog www.destinationart.net/blog.  The widget showed up fine in the top RH side of my blog but today is just showing as a feint frame with nothing inside it.  I haven't changed anything since yesterday and sorry but don't know where to start to try and get it fixed.  If anyone could give me some direction, I would be much appreciative.
Thanks in advance
Elaine, Western Australia

Mateo28

Jun 9, 2011, 10:37:05 PM6/9/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
It appears to be down right now. Just wait a bit and see if it comes back up.

Ben Woods

Jun 9, 2011, 10:29:37 PM6/9/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
you should try replacing your prototype.js with a newer one. for whatever reason wordpress refuses to update theirs. I have attached the latest release. it goes in wp-includes/js iirc (just look for prototype.js and replace it with this one. You can also google prototype.js and grab the latest from their site.

-edit, google it, apparently I can't attach it.