Regarding Friend Connect

DelhiEvents | Rohit Malik

May 15, 2011, 3:11:57 AM5/15/11
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
First of All, can anyone please tell me if friend connect is going to
be ended?

And when i send message to any member, they don't receive it. What's
the point of having this feature then?

Bob Aman

May 18, 2011, 4:41:47 PM5/18/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
> First of All, can anyone please tell me if friend connect is going to
> be ended?

There's nothing to announce at this time.

> And when i send message to any member, they don't receive it. What's
> the point of having this feature then?

Are you sure the messages aren't being marked as spam?

DelhiEvents | Rohit Malik

May 18, 2011, 10:56:17 PM5/18/11
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
Not so as i have tried sending from my one account to another and
haven't seen it in the spam folder.

Let me know if there are no plans to make it better or move it to
better platform so that i can decide to remove it from the site.

Bob Aman

May 19, 2011, 2:23:10 PM5/19/11
to GFC Developer Forum
> Not so as i have tried sending from my one account to another and
> haven't seen it in the spam folder.
>
> Let me know if there are no plans to make it better or move it to
> better platform so that i can decide to remove it from the site.

You should do whatever works best for you. GFC is a tool in the
toolbox — it's not the right solution for every problem. It might be
that you just need to tweak your call-to-action on the newsletter or
something, or it might be that another option would be a better way to
go.

With regard to your own account not getting the newsletters, are you
sure the account is subscribed? Simply following the site does not
result in the newsletter being delivered. You must manually subscribe
to the newsletter through the newsletter gadget or by enabling the
checkbox for asking for subscription on join.

DelhiEvents | Rohit Malik

May 19, 2011, 10:43:01 PM5/19/11
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
I'm not talking about newsletter. I'm talking about private message to
a member. It's not working.

Ben Woods

May 19, 2011, 11:25:24 PM5/19/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
Tell the recipient to check their spam folder. Also, I believe that people can set whether they want to allow being contacted by other members.

DelhiEvents | Rohit Malik

May 20, 2011, 2:18:50 AM5/20/11
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
I just noticed that i had to login and accept getting messages by
email.

Bob Aman

May 20, 2011, 3:17:41 PM5/20/11
to GFC Developer Forum
> I'm not talking about newsletter. I'm talking about private message to
> a member. It's not working.

Wow, sorry about that. Got my threads confused. But yeah, Ben Woods is correct.