Member comments

Priyam

Apr 11, 2011, 10:26:08 PM4/11/11
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
Hi

My website displays results of user queries against my websites
database.
I want to allow the users to comment on the search result and be able
to rate/like the search results.
Please let me know how i can use friend connect for this.

Priyam

Bob Aman

Apr 12, 2011, 1:23:13 PM4/12/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com

Both the comments gadget and ratings gadget can be scoped to an "ID".
As long as you can uniquely associate a search result with an "ID",
you should be able to simply display a comments gadget or ratings
gadget with a corresponding ID and it should just work. I'd recommend
generating IDs by taking the SHA1 hash of the search query and using
that as the ID — that way you don't need to keep a database mapping of
queries -> IDs.