Error in "friendconnect.js"

PiSi

Jul 10, 2011, 7:20:01 AM7/10/11
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum
Hello,

While FC is loading, I've got the following errors (Chrome error
console):

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method
'hasFeature' friendconnect.js:1108
opensocial.populateParams_ friendconnect.js:1108
(anonymous function) friendconnect.js:1108
(anonymous function) friendconnect.js:1245

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'template' of
undefined friendconnect.js:896
fc9.Wa friendconnect.js:896
fc9.Ea friendconnect.js:891
fc9.oa friendconnect.js:891

I think someone has recently changed this file "friendconnect.js" and
cause these errors.
I hope this problem will be solved soon.

Thanks

PS: Could anyone confirm if this happened on your website too?
I've checked FC Playground and got similar errors:
http://code.google.com/apis/ajax/playground/#sign-in_sign-out

PiSi

Jul 10, 2011, 3:04:54 PM7/10/11
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum, hcart...@gmail.com, lynn...@googlemail.com
Thank you Hamilton Carter. I cleared my Firefox browser cache and FC
is working fine now.

But I'm sure that I didn't clear my Chrome browser cache. How come FC
is working fine on Chrome too. That's weird.

I wonder that clearing browser cache solved my problem or
"friendconnect.js" is changed back to a good one?

Thanks

John D'Orazio

Jul 11, 2011, 8:19:36 AM7/11/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean by "someone has changed the friendconnect code"? The only ones that can change the code are the google developers.

Pisith

Jul 11, 2011, 1:21:37 PM7/11/11
to Google Friend Connect Developer Forum, donjoh...@gmail.com
Sorry I didn't make my question clearly.

I mean that the code "friendconnect.js" may be changed by google
developers for some reasons (I don't know what they are). But they
should make sure that the changed code works properly before releasing
it.

If you check this link "http://code.google.com/apis/ajax/playground/
#sign-in_sign-out" right now, you will see the errors in Chrome
console. No matter how your clear the Chrome browser cache, you still
see errors.

John D'Orazio

Jul 11, 2011, 3:30:43 PM7/11/11
to google-friend-co...@googlegroups.com, donjoh...@gmail.com
Ok I get you now and you are quite right. I don't think they do enough debugging of their code.
I myself have posted numerous errors and have never had an answer (except once, I was told that it was the fault of my own code, but my own code didn't have ANY errors in the chrome console at the time...).
Just recently I decided to give them a hand and did some debugging myself. Still no answer.
I'm thinking that the Google Friend Connect javascript code really isn't worth it, even though it was nice to have packaged up with some nice looking plugins like the Social Bar. I'm thinking of moving completely to the php api's and leaving friendconnect.js completely behind because there isn't really any support for it and it uses some terrible coding.