Problems with Google Finance

E. Pinto

Jul 21, 2010, 12:34:09 AM7/21/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
    I just want to know if anyone ever has gotten a response from these people. I haven't.
I seems the only "improvements" they make are by subtraction.
    I can understand temporary glitches and the like but in three years I've never seen a problem solved in a timely manner and I certainly have never gotten a response from the Google Finance "team".
    Recently, I encountered a serious problem with my GF portfolio. Positions that I no longer hold magically reappear. If there is a related problem I haven't caught it yet because I just don't have the hours it would take to check everything right away. When I do, who's to say it wouldn't happen again immediately.  I've gotten a reply from another user who is having the same problem, yet it persists. Considering the importance these issues could have in any persons life, I'm shocked at the indifference.
    Is there  such a thing as Bing Finance?

Tom

Jul 21, 2010, 5:40:08 AM7/21/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
For a Google service, Finance indeed does not do it's company justice.

However, this is a tough business and I wouldn't be surprised if there are unforseen legal problems causing development to hold.

We don't know though, all we can do is wait for a competitor or wait for improvements.

- Tom

JJ Joseph

Jul 21, 2010, 10:41:31 AM7/21/10
to Google Finance
Try Yähoo Finance which has some good features & timely news .

Tom

Jul 21, 2010, 11:21:06 AM7/21/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Yahoo finance has serious limitations, such as a lack of asian and middle eastern exchanges.

E. Pinto

Jul 21, 2010, 11:55:46 AM7/21/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
perhaps the best and most helpful thing to do here is cast about ideas on which other service to switch to...

JEFF LEGAN

Jul 21, 2010, 5:17:26 PM7/21/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
So far, they have totally failed me. Someone else said they fixed his problem, but i have a feeling that was coincidence. I Have been sending weekly requests since the end of april through their "contact support" links, to have them fix a stock split not showing for Walmart Of Mexico (pink:wmmvf, 2:1 split on 4/20/10). I sent request 13 on Monday. I will give up soon, a month or two more and i give up completely on Google. I figure Yahoo finance cant be any less responsive, and i am also considering moving to Bing for searches because this is really pissing me off. I have been a big supporter over the years, but i really feel abused by Google now.
Leganj

Tom

Jul 21, 2010, 6:33:49 PM7/21/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Leganj,

The companies you listed offer free services, they have too many users to offer individual support.

I do agree though that Google Finance does not do Google justice at the moment, then again, it is in Beta.

- Tom