Commodity prices in Google Finance

evander herndonfield

Nov 15, 2011, 11:25:07 AM11/15/11
to Google Finance
It would be really great if I could look up graphs for commodity
prices just as I do for common stock. It would add a lot of
functionality and I think it is something not offered by yahoo
finance. It would be interesting to compare shares of BHT to the price
per unit of Gold, Oil, ect just like I can compare the performance of
microsoft to oracle.

I would also be interesting in comparing the price of wheat, corn, and
rice all in one graph.

Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)

Nov 21, 2011, 4:57:58 PM11/21/11
to Google Finance
Hi Evander,

Thank you for the suggestion.

We do currently have a few NYSEARCA ETFs that track the prices of
various commodities; as an example, there's NYSEARCA:GLD,
NYSEARCA:SLV, and NYSEARCA:OIL. In the absence of actual commodities
data, you might find these a useful substitute.

- Karolina

On Nov 15, 11:25 am, evander herndonfield <evan.hern...@gmail.com>

Chris Evans

Dec 4, 2017, 10:06:54 PM12/4/17
to Google Finance
Thanks Karolina,

This was very helpful :)

Jodson Graves

May 26, 2020, 4:47:40 PM5/26/20
to Google Finance

Are we able to track individual commodities in a Google sheet using the googlefinance function?