GOOGLE: PLEASE FIX THE GOOGLE SHEETS TICKERS!

ctz69

Mar 27, 2018, 10:27:32 AM3/27/18
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Many of my tickers in Google Sheets using the =googlefinance() call do not work as of yesterday.     So now, not only can I not track my portfolio in Google Finance, I can't even do it in my own spreadsheet in Google Sheets!   Google is trying their hardest to force people to stop using Google altogether for investments.

Kate

Mar 27, 2018, 11:50:44 AM3/27/18
to Google Finance
Uh oh, this would be bad for me, too.

When I checked this morning, my Hong Kong stocks were still okay.  So were my US & Canadian gold issues.  I lost the ability to import option information into my Google sheets a long time ago, so can't worry about that.

Which stocks (both ticker + exchange) have quit working?

Kate

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 8:27 AM, ctz69 <nich...@gmail.com> wrote:
Many of my tickers in Google Sheets using the =googlefinance() call do not work as of yesterday.

Charles Tines

Mar 27, 2018, 12:08:14 PM3/27/18
to Google Finance
I have had problems pulling VIX, BIV, BLV, GLD, DBC and a number of other ETF and market indicators since a bit before close yesterday.

ctz69

Mar 27, 2018, 4:13:07 PM3/27/18
to Google Finance
I'm sure there are lots of them, but for me, VEA, HEWJ, VLUE, IVLU.  Doesn't matter if I put the exchange symbol before the symbol or not.

Roger Wild

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
I'm missing BKLN, EOS, FXC, PGF, TBF

Rodrigo Campos

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
Same problem here, in Brazil. Please Google, fix it!

barry w

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
BP is not working. Infact its returning a price 10 x its value.  Imagine all the money I was making!

lothri...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
A lot of other people were voicing their concerns in similar Reddit threads about Google Finance no longer working. It appears, that since Google Finance is sort of killing off their investment tracking/portfolio features, more and more queries are returning with errors.

Since you're used to utilizing Google Sheets, I recommend that you check out Intrinio. They offer extremely affordable financial data, free resources and formulas, and you can start for free. Check out their Google Sheets plug-in, Excel plug-in, and Excel Stock Screener

Gary F

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
For me having problems with stock prices for  PPL and PFD while others are working. I am using Google finance () with Google Sheets also.
Message has been deleted

SonicAlbert

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
I'm having the same problem. Some huge spreadsheets that no longer work. If it doesn't get fixed soon I'll have to look for other alternatives.

Jack Carroll

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
This is very frustrating. Some tickers result in #N/A and some are just flat out wrong

James Russo

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:59 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
Same problem here. Most of my equities are correct but some started showing incorrect (and VERY high) numbers for the day's closing.

NSchmidt

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:59 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
Noticing this same problem today as well. Oddly enough only 2 specific tickers seem to have a problem.

RM (Regional Management) is trading at about 31 per share, but googlefinance() in a google sheet is pulling up ~200 price today and a ~196 price per share yesterday.

Additionally, WAB (Westinghouse Air Brake) cant pull up a price for yesterday, today, or a current market cap and is returning #N/A.

I'll also add that these stocks have been tracked in a google sheet for a multiple months with correct price data, so this is a new issue or bug as of today.

Roger Wild

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:59 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
I have developed an in depth Sheet for my US and Canadian equities and it's all gone to s$%t as of last night, even worse this morning. Seems loads of ETF's and CEF's are not working, and as of this morning plenty of Canadian equities as well as ETF's. Its been really frustrating since Google decided to "re vamp" the Finance function, going to Yahoo! isn't the answer their portfolio functions are really poor. Come on Google get the update done or send us back to mid 2017....PLEASE!!