Where can I get hold of the last release of Google Finance API

Lex

Apr 11, 2012, 4:32:57 AM4/11/12
to Google Finance APIs and Tools
Hi guys,

I hope there is still someone reading this forum.

I am looking for a way of getting real time stock prices/updates
programmatically. As this is just a hobby project it really needs to
be a free API of sorts.

This Google Finance API seemed perfect, but I can't find anywhere to
get hold of it. I have downloaded the last 3 releases of the Google
Data API SDK (dating back to DEC 2010) but it does not seem to be
included there.

Is this code base still available somewhere, or has it been superseded
by some other code base that is available? I can't believe they have
just binned it!?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

David Neil Murphy

Apr 24, 2012, 3:46:07 PM4/24/12
to google-fi...@googlegroups.com
The google finance API has been deprecated and is due to be shut down this year.  I don't know of any replacement.  I would be surprised if you could get real time stock data free however as the exchanges charge fees for real time data, and require each individual to be registered with them.

Zack Boll

Apr 24, 2012, 3:55:14 PM4/24/12
to google-fi...@googlegroups.com
May violate TOS but it should be pretty easy to write an interface using a stateful progammatic web browsing class.  I wrote a google finance API for personal use using mechanize after finding the google released one inadequate.

David Neil Murphy

Apr 24, 2012, 4:57:31 PM4/24/12
to google-fi...@googlegroups.com
wrote an API to what exactly?

Bill Sappington

Apr 24, 2012, 11:30:43 PM4/24/12
to google-fi...@googlegroups.com
You can still get data via yahoo, well for as long as that lasts.