Currency Rates?

JABevan

May 19, 2011, 5:05:18 PM5/19/11
to Google Finance APIs and Tools
I've created a very simple spreadsheet in Google Docs pulling in
foreign exchange rates and comparing them. For example, I have a cell
pulling in yesterday's USDJPY closing price using this formula:

=GoogleFinance("CURRENCY:USDJPY";"close";today()-1)

I'd like to create something similar on a public web page. The Google
Finance API doesn't seem to include FOREX rates. Am I missing
something?

Dion Loy (Google)

May 19, 2011, 5:15:22 PM5/19/11
to Google Finance APIs and Tools
The Finance API is just for retrieving and manipulating a portfolio.
It does not provide stock or currency quotes. Xignite.com has been
mentioned a few times as a possibility for getting commercial rights
to display data on a public web page.