Move photos between albums

packy

Jul 1, 2011, 3:23:07 PM7/1/11
to Google+ Feature Suggestions
It would be nice if you could move photos around between albums in G+,
or even create an album from photos instantly uploaded from your
smartphone.

jake bayless

Jul 3, 2011, 3:17:35 PM7/3/11
to Google+ Feature Suggestions
I agree with this, with one fundamental problem:

Why not just leverage Picasaweb.google.com as the photo albums
themselves? There is so much functionality there - already - why not
just connect to users picasaweb albums (or any other web albums with
APIs) and create a "G+:profile" album there?

Part of what is so powerful is the leverage what exists elsewhere.
Albums in G+ should be optional if a user is already using picasaweb.
For google, it would seem there is no better way, too, to offload that
imagery overhead to a system designed for dealing with it (and already
monetized via space enhancements).

~jake

Shannon Brearley

Jul 3, 2011, 3:30:16 PM7/3/11
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
you can edit them easily within Picasa, but it would be super if the simple things like "drag and drop" from different folders ( why not just use the same system as circles) and renaming etc. should be within +

Piet Bos

Jul 3, 2011, 8:29:47 PM7/3/11
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
Isn't there already a separate album of photos uploaded from your phone? See attachment.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to move them around from within Google+
Photos-Google+.jpg

Packy Anderson

Jul 4, 2011, 8:32:09 AM7/4/11
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com

Allow me to rephrase: it would be nice if one could select a subset of photos in one's "photos from my phone" album and use that to create a new album without needing to spin off into Picasa to do it.

Piet Bos

Jul 4, 2011, 8:48:04 AM7/4/11
to Google+ Feature Suggestions
With this I fully agree :)

Robin Holler

Aug 6, 2011, 9:05:12 AM8/6/11
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
So it is really not possible yet ... I wonder why we don't see a lot more people wondering and asking for it. ^^ Well, I'd also like to be able to move my photos between albums!

Co Stultjens

Jan 22, 2012, 9:09:23 AM1/22/12
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
Is this the place to post that I totally agree that the G+ app should be able to move (instant uploaded photos - thus - photos from my phone) directly to an album and share this on Google+ stream.

This is already available in the web app I just noticed ->

Go to photos from your phone
Select a photo
Add to album
A pop-up will show to directly share it.

Only this way albums would make sense to have this in the android g+ app.

Now you will have something like:

You take a picture on your phone and it will instantly upload
You go to G+ app (Android phone) and go to photos
Photos from you phone
Tag the photo you want to post and share.
This will create a post, great!

But I also wanted this photo in an album -> at nigh when you come home you turn on the computer and go to the web g+ and add it to an album

The above creates 2 photos, this in not neccesary and makes no sense. This way the instant upload makes no sense as you still need to move it to an album later on.

My last question: is this the best place to discuss things like this? Will google read this? Or is there a special website?

Have a nice day!

Satyaranjan (Bapu)

Jun 5, 2013, 4:15:27 AM6/5/13
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
Google Plus Team have allowed this. Please note that the steps are different from that of Picasa. Check this post below for detailed explanation.
http://flameofknowledge.blogspot.com/2013/06/technology-move-photos-between-albums.html

Satyaranjan (Bapu)

Jun 5, 2013, 4:15:54 AM6/5/13
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com, piet...@gmail.com
Google Plus Team have allowed this. Please note that the steps are different from that of Picasa. Check this post below for detailed explanation.
http://flameofknowledge.blogspot.com/2013/06/technology-move-photos-between-albums.html

Satyaranjan (Bapu)

Jun 5, 2013, 4:16:14 AM6/5/13
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com, piet...@gmail.com
Google Plus Team have allowed this. Please note that the steps are different from that of Picasa. Check this post below for detailed explanation.
http://flameofknowledge.blogspot.com/2013/06/technology-move-photos-between-albums.html

Satyaranjan (Bapu)

Jun 5, 2013, 4:16:29 AM6/5/13
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
Google Plus Team have allowed this. Please note that the steps are different from that of Picasa. Check this post below for detailed explanation.
http://flameofknowledge.blogspot.com/2013/06/technology-move-photos-between-albums.html

Satyaranjan (Bapu)

Jun 5, 2013, 4:16:44 AM6/5/13