Opt out of location and public posts groups, should be Opt In, on Install.

tm

Apr 20, 2012, 10:02:22 AM4/20/12
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
When you install Google+, as I did on a new tablet, you are immediately inundated with public posts from people near me, or public posts from groups.
This motivates the user to uninstall immediately.
Remove this default feature and suggest the user Opt-In, rather than have to search for how to Opt-Out.
I could not initially find how to opt-out of location group (because it was at bottom of the scrolling menu, hidden).
Many people seeing random posts from unknown people on installation will Immediately uninstall it, as they should properly do.
It is very serious and bad.