Google+ Suggestion to avoid making facebook's mistakes

Kyle Fritz

Jan 16, 2012, 2:43:28 AM1/16/12
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
This may not be feasible, but if pulled correctly it would help prevent Google+ succumbing to the same mistakes facebook is so hated for.

That mistake of course is their constant changing. This is not something that can be stopped however, it needs to happen.
What I recommend is that you allow users to have more customization of their homepage layout, default options, what they do and do not see for their online friends in chat (such as who is away, online, offline), etc.
By "home page", I do not mean the "profile page", which you already have completely customize-able (which I appreciate).

The layout-management page could (and should) be a single page, with checkboxes or radio buttons for what is and isn't on their home screen, as well as the option to hide a specific section, or reduce it in size if it's less important to that user.

Anyways, I would love to see this in the site. Hope this recommendation is considered

Thank you,
Kyle

Kyle Fritz

Jan 16, 2012, 2:44:20 AM1/16/12
to google-featur...@googlegroups.com
Necessary simply because you can't make everyone happy... let them do it themselves