fillText not supported

bungart1978

May 19, 2011, 5:41:24 PM5/19/11
to google-excanvas
Hello @all!

I want to place text in a canvas element. Normal things like placing
an image or drawing rectangles work. "fillText" on the other hand
leads to an error. The Internet Explorer Debugger gets started and
tells that the object doesn't support this function.

Is there a way to workaround?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Marc

Ryan Schmidt

Jun 21, 2011, 1:04:39 AM6/21/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com

On May 19, 2011, at 16:41, bungart1978 wrote:

> I want to place text in a canvas element. Normal things like placing
> an image or drawing rectangles work. "fillText" on the other hand
> leads to an error. The Internet Explorer Debugger gets started and
> tells that the object doesn't support this function.
>
> Is there a way to workaround?

Try the canvas-text library.

http://code.google.com/p/canvas-text/