Excanvas Silverlight : toDataURL improvement using silverlight 3

Dédé

Sep 16, 2009, 9:23:12 AM9/16/09
to google-excanvas
Hi,

Excanvas (either VML or Silverlight) is great !

But one function that can be needed by other people is image saving
using toDataURL.

I think it may be implemented using the WriteableBitmap object.

I have read a post about Canvas exporting to PNG :
http://geekswithblogs.net/braulio/archive/2009/07/12/export-canvas-to-png-and-save-it-in-your-local.aspx

I think that adding image saving have to create a small silverlight 3
component just to handle the WriteableBitmap object.

Do you think it can be possible ?

Dédé

Emil A Eklund

Sep 16, 2009, 1:50:41 PM9/16/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

It should be possible to do with the silverlight implementation and
using WritableBitmap seems like a sensible approach.

--
Emil A Eklund
em...@eae.net

signature.asc

Erik Arvidsson

Oct 2, 2009, 10:46:37 PM10/2/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I played around with WriteableBitmap but there does not seem to be any
way to create an instance of non zero size without resorting to C#
which is not really an option at this point.

--
erik