Javascript profiling in IE8 using excanvas silverlight

AndreasR

Dec 16, 2009, 7:03:29 PM12/16/09
to google-excanvas
I've done some javascript profiling in IE8 using excanvas silverlight,
the results can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/freeciv-forever/wiki/ExcanvasSiverlightProfiling

Any advice on how I can improve the performance? This code is used in
the project on http://www.freeciv.net/

- Andreas R.

Fabien

Dec 17, 2009, 7:58:40 AM12/17/09
to google-excanvas
Hello, you should try to format this table using the WikiSyntax to
build a true table.
It looks like the function names are truncated, is there a way to get
the full name of these functions ?
Your project is big, it is very difficult to help you optimize the
code, did you try a recent VML implementation ?
The ActiveXObject initialization and the function "update_map_canvXXX"
seem to be the ones to optimize, you could maybe reduce the number of
calls to these methods and see if any code optimization can be done
here.

On Dec 17, 1:03 am, AndreasR <andre...@pvv.ntnu.no> wrote:
> I've done some javascript profiling in IE8 using excanvas silverlight,

> the results can be found here:http://code.google.com/p/freeciv-forever/wiki/ExcanvasSiverlightProfi...

AndreasR

Dec 17, 2009, 10:22:24 AM12/17/09
to google-excanvas
Thanks for the advice, Fabien. I'll give some of these tips a try.

- Andreas