drawImage + measureText patch

TommyM

Jun 19, 2009, 10:43:04 PM6/19/09
to google-excanvas, a...@extjs.com
Hi,

I'm Tommy Maintz, architect at Ext JS, and would like to submit the
following patch to the excanvas project.

Changes include:
* drawImage with multiple transformation support in IE8 Standards
mode
* Dynamic creation of images using the Image constructor.
* Replacement of VML group + image combination with DIV's
(improved quality).
* Use AlphaImageLoader to fix transparent PNG's (improved
quality).
* Apply scaling to width and height of image instead of using the
Transform Matrix() (improved quality)
* Apply current font style to textMeasureEl to get correct size
when using ctx.measureText()

http://extjs.com/playpen/tm/excanvas-patch/

Please let me know if there are any issues with this patch.

Thanks,
Tommy Maintz

Erik Arvidsson

Jun 19, 2009, 11:03:30 PM6/19/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com, a...@extjs.com
Great.

Can you fill out the CLA at:

Once that is done I can apply the patch and send out code reviews for it.
--
erik

TommyM

Jun 20, 2009, 12:12:59 AM6/20/09
to google-excanvas
Hi Erik,

I'll run the CLA trough legal but I dont think I see any potential
issues.

I just added support for globalAlpha to images. The link to the patch
at http://extjs.com/playpen/tm/excanvas-patch/ is now updated.

Tommy M

Fabien Ménager

Jun 20, 2009, 6:01:59 AM6/20/09
to google-excanvas
Hello, I ran your test cases, and effectively, the render is better !
But the crop doesn't work anymore on IE6. I know it represents a
little part of the users, but they are still a lot, sadly :(

On 20 juin, 06:12, TommyM <tommy.mai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> I'll run the CLA trough legal but I dont think I see any potential
> issues.
>
> I just added support for globalAlpha to images. The link to the patch
> athttp://extjs.com/playpen/tm/excanvas-patch/is now updated.

TommyM

Jun 20, 2009, 3:00:47 PM6/20/09
to google-excanvas
Hi Fabien,

I thought I tested all modes including Quirks, but you were right, it
was broken. Luckily it was an easy fix.
http://extjs.com/playpen/tm/excanvas-patch/ now uses and points to a
new excanvas-diff.patch and excanvas-modified.js file.
Could you please confirm if the problem still exists?

Tommy M

On Jun 20, 6:01 am, Fabien Ménager <fabien.mena...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I ran your test cases, and effectively, the render is better !
> But the crop doesn't work anymore on IE6. I know it represents a
> little part of the users, but they are still a lot, sadly :(
>
> On 20 juin, 06:12, TommyM <tommy.mai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Erik,
>
> > I'll run the CLA trough legal but I dont think I see any potential
> > issues.
>
> > I just added support for globalAlpha to images. The link to the patch
> > athttp://extjs.com/playpen/tm/excanvas-patch/isnow updated.

Fabien Ménager

Jun 20, 2009, 6:08:33 PM6/20/09
to google-excanvas
That's OK now !
In the lib ExtJS, do you need to use the clip() function ? because
it's still missing ;)

On 20 juin, 21:00, TommyM <tommy.mai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Fabien,
>
> I thought I tested all modes including Quirks, but you were right, it
> was broken. Luckily it was an easy fix.http://extjs.com/playpen/tm/excanvas-patch/now uses and points to a

Erik Arvidsson

Jun 26, 2009, 1:06:06 AM6/26/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Tommy, I'm really looking forward to these fixes but I cannot look at
it with you signing the CLA. Any chance you could look at the license
any time soon?
--
erik