[Geo for Good] Invitation to apply for 2020 Geo for Good Summit

tyl...@google.com

Jul 31, 2020, 7:35:40 PM7/31/20
to Google Earth Engine Announcements

Hello everyone!

We are excited to share that the application for the 9th annual Geo for Good Summit is now open! The Summit is intended for nonprofits, scientists and other change-makers who want to leverage technology and use mapping tools (such as Google Earth, Earth Engine, and My Maps) for positive impact in the world.

This year’s Geo for Good Summit is a virtual conference to be held October 20-21, 2020. Originally Geo for Good had been scheduled for September 2020 as an in-person event, however due to the extraordinary circumstances this year we have shifted to a virtual event in October.

The Summit will be an opportunity to hear the latest updates about our mapping technologies and learn how others in the public benefit community are using these technologies for impact. The summit will offer a mix of presentations and Q&A as well as on-demand training sessions recorded at previous Geo for Good Summits that you can take at your own pace at any time.

  • What: Geo for Good Summit
  • When: October 20-21, 2020
  • Where: Virtual
  • Application Process: Interested candidates will need to apply to attend the virtual summit.
  • Eligibility: Applicants must demonstrate how their work leads to positive social and environmental impact.
  • Cost: Free
  • Present your work: Accepted applicants will be invited to propose a virtual Lightning Talk for consideration. We will select a limited number of Lightning Talks to be featured at the Summit. If you are interested in presenting a 3-5 minute Lightning Talk about your work, we encourage you to apply early. If you are accepted to the Summit, you’ll receive details on how to submit your proposal.

Deadlines

  • September 25: Deadline for applications
  • August 28: If you’d like to submit a Lightning Talk proposal, you must apply and be accepted by this date.

To find out more and apply, visit g.co/earth/GeoforGood20

Regards,

Tyler, on behalf of the Earth Engine and Google Earth Outreach Team