[Notice] Removing access for unregistered Cloud projects on 2024-06-17

Earth Engine Team

May 30, 2024, 9:11:08 AMMay 30

TL;DR - If your Earth Engine Cloud project is not registered, you will need to take action or you may lose Earth Engine access. If you only use registered Cloud projects to access Earth Engine, no action is required.

Dear Earth Engine developers,

Starting 2024-06-17, all Cloud projects using Earth Engine must be registered to indicate their commercial or noncommercial status. We're making this change to improve clarity around Earth Engine access mechanisms and ensure that Earth Engine use aligns with our Terms of Service.

What will happen if my project is not registered?

Requests that are sent to the Earth Engine API using an unregistered project will fail until that project is registered.

How can I check my project's status?

View or configure a project's registration status by replacing "PROJECT" in the following URL with your project's ID:

http://code.earthengine.google.com/register?project=PROJECT

For example, if your project ID is my-ee-project, you can check or set up your registration status by visiting:

http://code.earthengine.google.com/register?project=my-ee-project

What action do I need to take if my project is not registered?

  • If you rely on unregistered projects, you can avoid interruption by:

  • Registering your project using the registration page

  • Selecting a different, registered project to use with Earth Engine

  • Selecting no Cloud project at all (not recommended!)

  • If you are using service accounts to access Earth Engine:

  • If you already use registered Cloud projects, no further action is needed.

  • If you access Earth Engine without a Cloud project, no further action is required at this point. We recommend using Cloud projects whenever possible, since we will be reducing support for non-Cloud access.

If you have any questions, please reach out to earth-engine-reg...@google.com.

Thank you,

- The Earth Engine team

This conversation is locked