Google Earth Plug-In does not work on Chrome

mojgan...@gmail.com

May 11, 2015, 2:26:34 PM5/11/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I realized that since last week there is problem on Google Earth Plug-In at Chrome and Internet Explorer.

we have a 3D virtual city application that is rendered by google earth, and since last week the connect is done due to plug-in issue...I try to resolve it but nothings is changed.

here is our application

please let me know how can I resolve the problem? any tip or instruction?

Thanks
Mojgan

Alejandro Lucero Terrazas

May 14, 2015, 1:32:17 PM5/14/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue. I downloaded the Google earth plug-in. It says it is installed properly. Bur when I try to use an online wireless link calculator (http://airlink.ubnt.com/), chrome displays that I need the plug-in; which is already installed. I also cannot enter to the link that Mojgan shared.

I hope it can be solved quickly.

Regards

josh258

May 14, 2015, 1:35:29 PM5/14/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
The Google Earth plugin has been deprecated, but has already stopped working for many browsers including Google Chrome. The error messages is a default message for when the plugin fails to load. For now, Chrome has a work around, but these require the user to change Chrome settings. Below is the supported browser page from Google (notice Chrome support stops at 39; current version around 42) and Google Earth Blog's current work around for Chrome. As of May 3, Firefox asks user if they want to load the Plugin, Chrome was the same way until version 42. IE has needed a compatibility <meta tag> since IE10.

Alejandro Lucero Terrazas

May 15, 2015, 2:12:34 PM5/15/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I managed to make it run again on Chrome. What you have to do is enable NPAPI plug-in at the URL chrome://flags/#enable-npapi and then restart the browser (bottom left button). After doing this, google earth plug-in will work again.

I hope this helps

Andrew Taylor

May 15, 2015, 4:29:31 PM5/15/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Alejandro,
That works for yourself in chrome, which I agree is a good thing, however if one is developing for the web, it doesn't really help.

I loved Google Earth plugin (sniff) but I'm just assuming that an equivalent platform to the Google Earth Plugin, either from Google or someone else, is in the pipeline and will recognize it when it comes along.
Anyone else know of alternative platforms, say from Bing?

Regards, Andrew Taylor

barryhunter (KML Guru)

May 15, 2015, 5:05:03 PM5/15/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Probably the best so far is probably

It of course doesnt have direct access to Gogoles imagery database.