Google Earth for Dummies

rrose70

Apr 26, 2015, 11:21:02 PM4/26/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
So, I have no computer skills.  I just downloaded Google Earth and the web plug in.  How do I start it so I can look up addresses and areas?  How do i get an icon to click?  Is there something more I need to do?

Gerry Einarsson

May 12, 2015, 11:49:23 AM5/12/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Hi rrose.

I'm actually a beginner as well, and will be posting more questions than replies :-)  but perhaps I can help a little here.

If you've downloaded and installed the Google Earth program, it will place a world symbol (Globe) on your desktop.  It's either a blue globe, or a gray one (for GE Pro).  Clicking on that icon will load the program and start with a hint or two as to how to use it.  You will see the globe to start as well.  By clicking on it, you can rotate, enlarge, and generally manually navigate to a place you'd like to see.  Using the scroll wheel you can zoom in closer and closer.  After some practice, you'll be able to find your city, your neighborhood and possibly your house.

try the tutorials if you see them.

Gerry