Re: Icon size in Google Maps Earth - KML

Message has been deleted

barryhunter [KML Guru]

Nov 14, 2008, 8:07:02 PM11/14/08
to KML Developer Support - Google Earth Browser Plugin
Google Maps always resizes the icon to 32 x 32 pixels - it does not
support other sizes.

This is a 'feature' of how GGeoXml works.

And from the sound of your description you are using the Earth Plugin
in side a Google Maps API mashup?

I guess the embedded Plugin in there has a similar behaviour - so
that the various modes match.

Hope that helps

On Nov 14, 11:27 pm, fadamaps37 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this question has been translated into English using Google's
> automatic translator.
>
> I use a single KML to display data in a map "Google Maps" + "Google
> Earth" with the plugin :http://www.touraineverte.com/Gites-Data.kml
>
> The size of the icon used is 16x16 pixels:http://www.touraineverte.com/gite.png
>
> When the map type is Normal, Physical or Satellite icon with a display
> larger than 16 x 16 pixels (about twice as large).
>
> If map type is 3D Google Earth, the size of the icon is enlarged while
> <scale> 1 </ scale> in the KML file.
>
> My question is: how to use the icon that has the same size regardless
> of the type of card, and that this size is equal to the initial size
> of the icon?
>
> Thank you for your help
Message has been deleted

keviny

Jan 7, 2009, 12:43:27 AM1/7/09
to KML Developer Support - Google Earth Browser Plugin
create an png file with transparent canvas size of 32x32. Then put
your 16x16 icon within this canvas align it botton left. Works a
treat.