Google Earth Plugin Fails in all browsers

David Fibingr

Apr 25, 2015, 4:56:05 PM4/25/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Message from webpage dialog

We are unable to render this video at this time. Do you have the recent Google Earth Plugin for this browser? (ERR_CREATE_PLUGIN)

This happens in both Chrome and IE when trying to render the MapMyHike Videos. I also tested other Google Plugin sites and I get the same error.

Re-installed the plug in many times.

Any Ideas would be appreciated

Thank you,

2015-04-25_16-55-27.png

someguy

Apr 27, 2015, 4:40:32 PM4/27/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
The browsers no longer support the plugin so we are screwed.  I haven't found anything else that compares to google earth.  The plugin was nice I'm now having to use the Earh application and run the web through their inline browser, DOH!

they need to make a html5 compatible version of earth IMO

Scott Hamm

May 2, 2015, 9:32:40 AM5/2/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Need to verify that this plugin is now no longer supported.

josh258

May 3, 2015, 10:03:49 AM5/3/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
The Google Earth plugin has been deprecated, but has already stopped working for many browsers including Google Chrome. The error messages is a default message for when the plugin fails to load. For now, Chrome has a work around, but these require the user to change Chrome settings. Below is the supported browser page from Google (notice Chrome support stops at 39; current version around 42) and Google Earth Blog's current work around for Chrome. As of May 3, Firefox asks user if they want to load the Plugin, Chrome was the same way until version 42. IE has needed a compatibility <meta tag> since IE10.

Jacob Lerner

May 7, 2015, 8:33:53 PM5/7/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I found downloading and installing it from Firefox seems to be the best.