Plugin doesn't appear to be installing correctly

Andrew Maskell

Aug 11, 2014, 3:14:00 AM8/11/14
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I have been trying to get the Google Earth Plugin to install but with no luck. Running Windows 7 pro and trying to use Chrome.

Each time I run the installer it gives me the all ok and lets me close it. When I visit the GEP page though it is still asking me to install the plugin. I have tried multiple reinstalls with restarts and what not and no luck. If i browse to the chrome://plugins page there is no entry for the plugin.

Is there any steps that anyone could recommend me to try to get this plugin working??? It's driving me up the wall. I just successfully installed the plugin on my laptop running the same version of windows and chrome so I cannot for the life of me figure this one out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Andrew

Asri Makathung

Apr 27, 2015, 11:08:07 AM4/27/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
i have isame problem

W. H Lau

Apr 29, 2015, 9:34:51 AM4/29/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
me too !

Andrew Maskell於 2014年8月11日星期一 UTC+8下午3時14分00秒寫道:

josh258

May 1, 2015, 9:22:16 PM5/1/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com

josh258

May 3, 2015, 10:03:31 AM5/3/15
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
The Google Earth plugin has been deprecated, but has already stopped working for many browsers including Google Chrome. The error messages is a default message for when the plugin fails to load. For now, Chrome has a work around, but these require the user to change Chrome settings. Below is the supported browser page from Google (notice Chrome support stops at 39; current version around 42) and Google Earth Blog's current work around for Chrome. As of May 3, Firefox asks user if they want to load the Plugin, Chrome was the same way until version 42. IE has needed a compatibility <meta tag> since IE10.