Launched: Google Earth Plug-in 5.0.11738.1858

Roman N (Google Employee)

Jun 23, 2009, 8:12:58 PM6/23/09
to Google Earth API Notify
Hi all,

Earlier this morning, we released version 5.0.11738.1858 of the Google
Earth Plug-in, compiled against existing version 1.002 of the Google
Earth API.

This is mainly a bugfix release, resolving several Internet Explorer 8
related issues. Official IE8 support will be enabled very soon.

Over the next several days, the entire Google Earth Plug-in install
base will be updated to the new plug-in version. Also, all new plug-in
downloads and installs will be of this new version.

We also made some small, changes to the internal HTML DOM structure
that is generated inside the plugin container element (usually the
'map3d' <div>). These changes should result in more consistent
rendering on IE6 across various DOCTYPEs.

Full release notes are up at:
http://code.google.com/apis/earth/documentation/releasenotes.html#2009-06-23

Thanks,
Roman