Some Custom Creatives Offer Images in a Variety of Sizes

A S M Mofakh Kharul Islam

Jan 11, 2023, 5:03:15 AM1/11/23
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello,

We retrieved creative data by using the getCreativesByStatement() method of CreativeService. After retrieving creative data for custom creative, we are getting a specific width and height for preview URL. But we are getting multiple images while refreshing the preview URL of that custom creative.

Could you please tell us why we are observing this kind of behavior, and is it possible to get all sizes of images?

Regards,
Mofakh Kharul

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 11, 2023, 8:25:18 AM1/11/23
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mofakh Kharul,

Thank you for reaching out to the Ad Manager API support team. I am Chekurthi and will be assisting you.

By reviewing your concern, I understand that you are using the getCreativesByStatement() method of CreativeService for getting information about previewUrl and by refreshing the preview URL you are receiving multiple images for it. Yes, you can get information about the size of the creative by adding the size field in the getCreativesByStatement() method. You may refer to the Java code sample of GetAllCreatives.java and all available client libraries for the Ad Manager API. Can you please share the following details to investigate further. You can send them via Reply privately to the author option, or a direct private reply to this email.
  • Complete SOAP request and response logs of getCreativesByStatement() method (SOAP logging must be enabled).
  • Complete SOAP request and response logs of getCurrentUser() (SOAP logging must be enabled) / User email while using the Ad Manager API.
  • Is the preview URL working fine while testing from the Ad Manager 360 (UI)?
Regards,
Google Logo
Chekurthi
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2hx8pQ:ref

A S M Mofakh Kharul Islam

Jan 12, 2023, 5:53:28 AM1/12/23
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. The thing is, we are getting multiple images of different sizes, and we are hoping to get all kinds of sizes for all images.

First, using the preview URL, we are rendering it in the iframe. But it's only showing fixed-size images. It is the size returned by CreativeService's getCreativesByStatement() method. But as we said, there are multiple images of different sizes in that preview URL, so we need information about all kinds of sizes, not just one single size.

As there are multiple sizes of images in the preview URL, we are hoping to get all the sizes and then render all sizes of images in an iframe. Could you please tell us whether it's possible to get all the sizes?

Regards
Mofakh Kharul

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 12, 2023, 11:15:15 AM1/12/23
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mofakh Kharul,

Thank you for getting back to us.

From getCreativesByStatement() method you will get all information of already created creatives in your network where all creatives in your Network will have only one size assigned to it. If you want to create creative then, from the createCreatives() method you can create new Creative objects and that information can be retrieved from the getCreativesByStatement() method by including size and previewUrl fields in your request.

If you are trying to get all available creative sizes that can be added in your code while creating the creative then, you cannot get information about all creative sizes from the Ad Manager API. You may check this help article regarding Supported ad sizes.

For any other assistance please reach out to us.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 12, 2023, 12:17:28 PM1/12/23
to test.acce...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anna,

Thank you for contacting Ad Manager API support team, this is Madhushree.

As, your response consists of PII information so I am removing it from the forum. Further if you want to share any PII information you may send via Reply privately to the author option, or a direct private reply to this email.

To avoid reaching this limit, consider deactivating line items that are active, but not delivering. You may refer to this help center article to know limits on the use of line items and test network limitations. If you still face the same error after deactivating line items please provide us with complete SOAP request and response logs (logging must be enabled).

Regards,
Google Logo
Madhushree
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2hxeue:ref

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 13, 2023, 8:17:36 AM1/13/23
to test.acce...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anna,

Thank you for getting back to us. I am Chekurthi, Ankam's colleague and will be assisting you.

Yes, archived and deleted LineItem will still be counted in your network. If you'd like to delete line items from your test network, the method performLineItemAction performs actions on LineItem objects that match the given Statement.query. You may check this link for the available actions that can be used, in which DeleteLineItems is available.

With that being said, please note that deleted line items will still count against your network limits. For more information, you may check this help center article. In the event that you've hit your limit, you may reuse your existing line items for testing instead of creating new ones.

Hope this helps. For any other assistance please reach out to us.