Forecast API Request Object

Yash Faria

Dec 28, 2021, 8:24:36 AM12/28/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi All,

I am trying to query the Forecast API but somehow getting different or unmatched results in response from the ones when I query the same on the GAM dashboard.
Can anyone please help me with the Request JSON Object structure as to what should be the mandatory fields in the query.
I need to get the forecast for a specific dateRange, adUnitSize, adUnitId, & geography.

Thanks in Advance :)

Cheers!!

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 29, 2021, 12:39:38 AM12/29/21
to yash...@tickledmedia.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Yash,

Thanks for contacting the Ad Manager API team.

What you may do is to check for the parameters of the method you're using. With this, you may check out our documentation for getAvailabilityForecastById where it's parameters can be seen. This should be the sample code for GetAvailabilityForecast (which is in Java) which you may check for reference. Furthermore, you may check out our available client libraries for reference here.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2TlS2F:ref

Yash Faria

Dec 29, 2021, 6:19:09 AM12/29/21
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Thanks for the prompt response.
I have referred to the documentation and acted accordingly but it proved to be of little use that's the reason I reached out to you guys. Please help me with some other solution pinpointingly addressing my problem.
--
Regards,
Yash Faria

A: Tickled Media (I) Pvt Ltd, A 801, Times Square, Andheri East. Mumbai-59

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 31, 2021, 2:37:12 AM12/31/21
to yash...@tickledmedia.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Yash,

You can check our Forecasting guide for reference on the different types of forecasting that are supported in the Ad Manager API. If you would like to do an Availability or Delivery forecast, then the API supports forecasting on an existing or a prospective line item.

Regarding your requirement on getting the forecast for a specific dateRange, adUnitSize, adUnitId, geography, if no existing line item contains the parameters that you need, then you will have to create a prospective line item instead. Again, you may check out the sample code for GetAvailabilityForecast (which is in Java) for reference and better clarity of the method via API. Furthermore, I would like to inform you that the Ad Manager API supports SOAP XML Request and Response Headers.

If you're still having trouble, I would request for you to kindly elaborate on the areas you're getting confused on so that we're able to address them accordingly. Also, if you're encountering discrepancies between the UI and API forecasting results, then please provide the following information below so I can further investigate via Reply privately to author option:

  • Complete SOAP request and response logs (SOAP logging must be enabled)
  • UI screenshots which clearly shows the all the values used in the existing/prospective line item
  • Sample comparison which clearly shows the discrepancies