Getting googleads-php-lib working with Symfony 6.1

Stephen Rostanti

Dec 6, 2022, 12:57:29 AM12/6/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
I have a Symfony 6.1 project with PHP 8.1 I need to get:

Working with it but when trying to install with Composer get:

Problem 1
    - Root composer.json requires googleads/googleads-php-lib ^59.0 -> satisfiable by googleads/googleads-php-lib[59.0.0].
    - googleads/googleads-php-lib 59.0.0 requires symfony/serializer ^3.0.3 || ^4.4.0 || ^5.0.0 -> found symfony/serializer[v3.0.3, ..., v3.4.47, v4.4.0, ..., v4.4.47, v5.0.0, ..., v5.4.15] but it conflicts with your root composer.json require (6.1.*).

It seems it does not allow v6 of the serializer but it cannot be downgraded because Symfony 6 needs v6 of the serializer so unsure what I can do?

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 6, 2022, 5:29:25 AM12/6/22
to stephen...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Ad Manager API support team, this is Madhushree.

As per the error message, googleads-php-lib 59.0.0 requires symfony/serializer ^3.0.3 || ^4.4.0 || ^5.0.0 but you are using Symfony 6.1. You can either downgrade or log client library specific issues via this link for further assistance. Please note that we can only assist with technical queries or concerns related to Ad Manager API.

Regards,
Google Logo
Madhushree
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gj3D1:ref

Stephen Rostanti

Dec 6, 2022, 1:04:16 PM12/6/22
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello Madhushree,

Thank you for getting back to me. Is there a reason why symfony/serializer ^6.0.0 cannot be added to composer.json by you guys? Also, in regards to the link you sent me if you see the very top post it was by me regarding this issue almost a week ago but nobody replied.

I look forward to hearing back from you

Stephen

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 6, 2022, 2:26:14 PM12/6/22
to stephen...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for getting back to us. This is Anjali a colleague of Madhushree and I'll be assisting you with this request.

Kindly, Allow me to raise this with the rest of our team in order to investigate further and one of our colleagues will reach out to you with an update.We appreciate your patience and Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Google Logo
Anjali
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gj3D1:ref

Stephen Rostanti

Dec 7, 2022, 6:43:01 AM12/7/22
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anjali,

Thank you for getting back to me. Okay I will await your response.

Kind regards

Stephen

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jan 27, 2023, 3:01:33 PM1/27/23
to stephen...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

We're working on adding support. You can keep an eye on GitHub for the release.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Chris Seeley