RE: Copying VideoCreative

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2022, 7:41:32 AM6/24/22
to ma...@digiteka.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Ad Manager API support team, this is Madhushree.

As per this help center article, you can copy creatives with custom assets or created from creative templates can be copied to another advertiser only once. But, the video creatives can't be copied to a different advertiser. Kindly check that you are copying with the same advertiser. You may receive an empty response when trying to copy to a different advertiser which is not supported.

If you are trying to copy within the same advertiser and still you face any issues please provide us with complete SOAP logs (enabled) and Network code for further investigation via privately reply to author or direct reply to this email.

Regards,
Google Logo
Madhushree
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cCWeb:ref
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2022, 1:18:08 PM6/24/22
to ma...@digiteka.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

Thanks for providing information. I am Chekurthi, Madhusree's colleague and will be assisting you.

As, your message consists of PII sensitive information, we are removing it from the forum. I would suggest you send it to support email (admanagera...@google.com) if your response contains any sensitive information. And I am attaching the previous screenshot for your reference by hiding the sensitive information.
Screenshot 2022-06-24 10.34.33 PM

By reviewing your concern, I can confirm that videoSourceUrl should not be null where, if it is null then you may receive CreativeError.HOSTED_VIDEO_CREATIVE_REQUIRES_VIDEO_ASSET. As, this error suggests that the Ad Manager hosted video creatives must contain a video asset. The videoSourceUrl is mandatory for creating VideoCreative, which is a string type that points to the source media that will be used for transcoding. You may refer to available code sample of creating video creatives for PHP client library.

If this is not the issue, can you please provide the SOAP request and response (SOAP logging must be enabled) to investigate further.

Regards,
Google Logo
Chekurthi
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cCWeb:ref

Marc Mulvidson

Jun 24, 2022, 1:41:25 PM6/24/22
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response.
I understand perfectly that This can't be null for the creation.

My problem is that it is null when receiving it from the getCreativesByStatement function.
How can this be ?
Marc

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 24, 2022, 5:27:41 PM6/24/22
to ma...@digiteka.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

From the Ad Manager API documentation, for the type VastRedirectCreative where videoSourceUrl is not used and it is not available to use. Now, if you are trying to retrieve videoSourceUrl then, it will show "null" for VastRedirectCreative. I have understood that you are trying to duplicate VastRedirectCreative with VideoCreative but there are some constraints which are used in VideoCreative not in VastRedirectCreative vice-versa.

I can suggest that you use videoSourceUrl, which is the source location of media that is used in VastRedirectCreative by downloading or adding it to the cloud storage location. You may refer to available code sample of creating video creatives for PHP client library.

For any further assistance please reach out to us.

Marc Mulvidson

Jun 27, 2022, 3:23:47 AM6/27/22
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I want to duplicate one VideoCreative to another inside the same lineItem.
And when I get the first VideoAcreative in order to populate the new one, the value of videoSourceUrl is null which I don’t understand.

Cordialement,

Marc Mulvidson
Head of Monetization
Tél : +33.1.42.29.61.70

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 27, 2022, 7:41:25 AM6/27/22
to ma...@digiteka.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have raised your query with the rest of our team and one of our teammates will reach out to you once we have an update on this.

Regards,
Google Logo
Madhushree
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cCWeb:ref

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jul 1, 2022, 3:10:57 PM7/1/22
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com, ma...@digiteka.com
Hi Marc,

The videoSourceUrl is not always populated. Users in the UI can either provide a source URL or directly upload the video asset. If they directly upload the video then you won't be able to copy it via the API using the method you've described. Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Google Logo
Chris Seeley
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cCWeb:ref

Marc Mulvidson

Jul 3, 2022, 2:54:57 PM7/3/22
to Ad Manager API Forum Advisor, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Not really...)))

But at least, it's the best answer I had so far.. :))

Cheers,

Marc Mulvidson
Head of Monetization
Tél : +33.1.42.29.61.70