What is replacement for deprecated AdExclusionRuleService(Protections in DFP UI)

cec...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2022, 4:43:51 AM6/30/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello,

I wanted to work with AdExclusionRuleService which corresponds with Protections settings in DFP UI, but AdExclusionRuleService is deprecated and removed since API version v202202.

Why was the service removed and is there a suitable replacement for it?

With regards
Dominik

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jun 30, 2022, 9:28:44 AM6/30/22
to cec...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is Hosur from the Ad Manager API support team.

Upon checking, I can confirm that the AdExclusionRuleService is deprecated and removed since API version v202202. The AdExclusionRuleService is a legacy service from before unified Protections were introduced. It is no longer accessible, and there is no current way of retrieving Protections information from the API.

Regarding replacement of AdExclusionRuleService, I am checking with the rest of our team and one of our colleagues will reach out to you once we get an update on this.

Regards,
Google Logo
HOSUR
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cErdY:ref

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jul 1, 2022, 2:21:43 PM7/1/22
to google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com, cec...@gmail.com
Hi Domonik,

The service was removed due to it no longer representing Protections accurately. Can you provide more details on your use case for a Protections API to help with prioritization on our end?  Are you looking for read/write, or just read?

Thanks,

Google Logo
Chris Seeley
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cErdY:ref

cec...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2022, 3:06:56 AM7/4/22
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hello Chris,

I would like to be able to only read details about specific existing protection(so some filtering by name or id would be great), most importantly inventory targeting that is tight to it.

Thanks

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Jul 7, 2022, 6:18:59 AM7/7/22
to cec...@gmail.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll pass this along to the Protections engineering team. I don't have a timeline of when this will be available, but this will help with prioritization on our side.