videoMaxDuration inconsistency in GAM UI and API

cvjetosi

Dec 21, 2021, 9:37:23 AM12/21/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Hi,

We've recently noticed some inconsistencies for  videoMaxDuration parameter of a video Line Item in GAM UI and API (v202108).

While it is possible to set the  videoMaxDuration to 0 using the UI, when trying to set the same value through the API we get the invalid max video creative duration error: `LineItemError.INVALID_MAX_VIDEO_CREATIVE_DURATION @ lineItem[0].maxVideoCreativeDuration; trigger:'0'`.

It is possible to execute the 'Check inventory' action for the same Line Item in the UI, but when executing either Delivery or Availability Forecast, we get the same invalid max video creative duration error.

Is this the expected behavior?

videoMaxDuration was made mandatory in v202102 for video Line Items and I would expect that it cannot be set to 0 using the UI.

Thanks!

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 21, 2021, 11:46:36 PM12/21/21
to osib.cvj...@cloudsense.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As you can see from the description of videoMaxDuration, the value for this field is required for video line items and must be greater than 0 if you are using the v202102 or a later API version. Do keep in mind that this field is in milliseconds, so you'd need to set it to 30,000 (for example) to represent 30 seconds. The UI would be reflecting a value of 30ms, and rounding it down to 0 seconds in this regard.

With that being said, can you kindly provide the complete SOAP request and response logs (SOAP logging must be enabled) as well as your network code so that we're able to further investigate this? You may send them via Reply privately to author option.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle Padua
Ad Manager API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2TOMFm:ref

cvjetosi

Dec 22, 2021, 4:30:24 AM12/22/21
to Google Ad Manager API Forum
Thanks for the response.

I am aware that the videoMaxDuration field is required since v202102 and that it uses milliseconds. My question was if it is expected that the UI is behaving differently than the API? I.e., is it expected that maxVideoDuration can be set to 0 using the GAM UI, while it is not possible to set it to 0 using the API v202102+? Similar to that, is it expected that 'Check Inventory' action can be executed on such Line Item with 0 maxVideoDuration using the UI, while it is not possible to execute the Delivery and Availability Forecast for the same Line Item using the API v202102+?

I will provide SOAP logs privately.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 22, 2021, 8:18:58 PM12/22/21
to osib.cvj...@cloudsense.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I know what you mean. However, before I can comment on the matter, I would need to check this further on my end and replicate the issue you've encountered if it's possible; which is why I would need the complete SOAP request and response logs to be provided. Once provided, I will then provide what I've come up with my investigation.

Ad Manager API Forum Advisor

Dec 24, 2021, 1:24:08 AM12/24/21
to osib.cvj...@cloudsense.com, google-doubleclick...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for providing the requested information.

Again, as you can see from the description of the field videoMaxDuration from our documentation, the value for this field is required for video line items and must be greater than 0 if you are using v202102 or a later API version. You may check for the environmentType parameter when updating, and see if it is set to VIDEO_PLAYER, which would mean that the line item in question is of type video. That being said, kindly supply the line item with a videoMaxDuration that's greater than 0 to be able to bypass this error for both occasions. Let me know how it goes.

As for the UI, I'm afraid we're unable to comment further on their procedures when updating line items. I would recommend reaching out to the publisher support team via our Support options for further assistance as they have more familiarity with the UI.